Friday, January 27, 2012

Ode to Manners.

Into my children,
I would like to instill
Good and nice manners,
So we have a drill.

Word by word, with long pauses
I will say a phrase,
When my son repeats it,
He does receive praise.

"May...I....have...some.....milk...please?"
He says, while I cheer
Of course you can have some!
Here you are, my dear.

"Thank you!" is said promptly,
"You're welcome!" I say
When he is finished,
We echo with delay:

"May....I....please...be....excused?"
Of course, if you're done!
So proud I am,
Of my smart little son.

If I do everything wrong,
At least this part I'll get right,
My boy will have manners.
He will know to be polite.

So then when he holds up
A liquor store, he will say:
"May....I....have...all...your.....money...please?"
Then "Thank you!" as he runs away.

No comments:

Post a Comment