Monday, January 30, 2012

Head + brick wall = Ow.

Some days I wonder how some adults
Function in their life.
When I try to talk to them,
All I get is strife.

I like to think I am quite clear
And good at communicating,
So why is it that they cannot listen?
I find it so frustrating!

I ask you x, you tell me y,
Which does not at all answer me.
And when I rephrase the question,
You still ignore my query.

THEN when I try to ask again,
And think I'm talking straight
I get told the fault is mine!
Maybe I'm too dumb to participate.

Quit being so condescending,
And get off of your horse tall,
Maybe try to READ MY WORDS,
Instead of assuming my brain is small.

So I will try to be polite,
And sweetly nod and smile,
They do not have to know my teeth,
Are gritted all the while. 

I will fume for at least one day,
Take a deep breath, then,
I will try to rephrase myself,
Again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment