Friday, January 6, 2012

Hoader Shack Sonnet

While I managed the 14 lines, and the rhyming scheme, I did not exactly pull of iambic pentameter.  What can I say?  I'm not Shakespeare :)

Hoarder Shack Sonnet 

My best friend bought a townhouse, christened it a shack
It was full of garbage, rejected hoarder trash.
She cleaned it with her family, top to bottom, front to back,
And implemented plans which would use lots of her cash.

Bathroom floors got brand new lino, ugly carpet was removed,
The walls, multiple colours, were all painted grey,
With a helicoptor chandelier, the shack was much improved,
But the toil was not through, no time for cabernet.

New toilets were installed, new carpet on the stairs,
And last but not least, for sure, a brand new shiny kitchen
And after all the work was done, all of these repairs,
The former horder shack was finally super bitchin'

And this ends my little poem
About my BFF's new home.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I love that you used "super bitchin" in a poem!!!!

    ReplyDelete