Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fitness Challenge Fail

 I am in a fitness challenge with a group of women, where we are given a challenge each day.  Some days it is exercise (for example, yesterday was 200 stairs) and some days it is nutritional, such as no added sugar or eat 3 colours of fruits and vegetables.  Today's challenge is no caffeine.  You may have guessed by the title how well I did with this one.

No coffee you say?
But this mug I hold,
In hands that are neither
Dead nor cold.

My baby's not sleeping
Willpower I lack,
I'll admit I'm an addict
And coffee's my crack.

You can take away my sugar,
You can make me do planks,
Eat lots of veggies,
But my coffee?  No thanks.

I choked down the protein,
But there's no way around it,
If you were looking for my limit,
Looks like you have found it.

Extra bold brew,
Lightly sweetened, with cream,
Means today I'm a failure,
I have let down my team.

My streak has ended,
But I won't feel sorrow.
I am only human,
And there's always tomorrow.

1 comment: