Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spin Class

Breathless, straining,
Quads are burning,
Fight to keep those
Pedals turning.
Sweating, puffing,
Legs are shaking
My whole body now
Is aching.
Spirit is weak,
Motivation: gone.
Feeling faint...
Oh? Class is done?

I also wrote a status haiku.  I find that singing along to the music helps distract me from the fact I want to die.  One of the other participants kept glaring every time we would sing.  We being me and my new spin buddy who also enjoys singing:


Challenging spin class
Singing helps to pass the time
Warren's not a fan

For the record, about 30 minutes in, I couldn't sing anymore because I was so breathless.

Here's one for today:

Aching, sore muscles
Walking like an old lady
Day after spin class

Be thankful it's not about how much my butt hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment