Sunday, February 5, 2012

Placeholder.

For the month of February, I have challenged myself to do all my Facebook statuses as haikus.  Actually, I posted a poll, and haiku was the clear winner.  While this is great for me creatively in general, my rhyming stuff has been suffering.

Goal tomorrow: a rhyming poem about something silly. 

Confession: my favourite style of poetry to write is free verse, which I have not done in years.  My free verse ones tend to be depressing, and I have not been able to pull off teenage angst for about 20 years now.  Mid-30's angst just isn't as acceptable.

Here's two terrible haikus that did not make the status cut, because they are awful:

Know what makes me mad?
Seeing drivers yapping on
Their stupid cell phones.

Recommended page
A little weird to have one
Liked by my dead dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment