Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Statuses, Week One

For the month of February, I challenged myself to do every Facebook update in the form of a haiku.  I'm posting them all here so I have them all in one place.  Here's week one:


Jan 31st
Half an hour early
Welcome to February!
Whole month of haikus!

Feb 1st
February first
Hard to write a decent haiku
With Bubs attacking.

First haiku of month
Already have made error
I blame lack of sleep.

Busy playdate day
Coffee and chatting for moms
Two small boys now nap.

Swimming tomorrow
Missed two weeks while in BC
Sure hope I don't drown.

Feb 2nd
Punxsutawney Phil
You know, he drives pretty good
For a quadraped.

Today in swim class
Coach said my stroke looks quite good
Twelve hundred total

Gave myself a push
One hundred continuous
I feel fantastic!

How adorable
My two year old is trying
To sing soft kitty

Oh my poor stomach
Hurts from laughing so so hard
Maybe you like it?
The link I posted

Feb 3rd
6 is too early
Up while it is still dark out
Mmm quart of coffee.

No more pictures, please
Of creepy hidden faces
They give me nightmares.

My favourite thing
About kids being in bed
Don't have to share food.

Feb 4th
Adorable hair
Naked baby wants laptop
But mom! I'm so cute!














 Too many grey hairs
This colour sure is stinky.
I hope that it works.

I suck at side plank
No core muscles to speak of
Have to start somewhere

Feb 5th
Busy Day today
Ikea lunch and Grandma's.
No time for haikus!

Miserable Bubs
Hardly wants to eat a thing.
Finally, a tooth?

Feb 6th
Ten years off my life
John can open baby gates.
Bubs fell down four stairs.

Kids are being weird.
What is that out my window?
Giant white full moon.

Feb 7th
Few minutes alone
With coffee and internet
What a luxury

Small book club meeting
Still I got out of the house
Delicious mocha.

No comments:

Post a Comment