Sunday, February 19, 2012

Positivity

Yesterday's challenge was to look at ourselves in a mirror and say, out loud, ten positive things.  I really struggled with this, and the thought of telling myself positive things actually caused me anxiety, and made me feel sick to my stomach.  I ended up saying my 10 things hurriedly in the dark.  I have issues.

It's easy to look at myself,
And say, you look chubby.
Look at those disgusting rolls,
You're chunky, fat and tubby.
Your hair looks awfully stupid,
And also did I mention?
You've got a yukky double chin,
And a gross pizza complexion.
Hey, new wrinkles and grey hairs,
Giant pores and saggy bum
And just in case it slipped your mind,
You're also awfully dumb.

I would not let somebody else,
Insult me in such a way.
So why when I say it to myself
Do I think it's okay?

Why can't I look into the mirror,
And say: You look pretty!
You're looking awfully slim today!
You're funny, and you're witty!
Your legs are strong and shapely,
Bright and sparkly are your eyes, 
Your smile is genuine, and
You make the most delicious pies.
Your hair is looking gorgeous!
You also know you're smart,
And inside your most perfect chest,
Is a warm and loving heart.

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much!!

    everyone in the world should post it to their mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara!
    Thanks for sharing such an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete