Monday, February 27, 2012

Outside the Circle.

To know that I'm exluded,
Leaves me quite dejected.
When I am not included,
I feel I've been rejected.

I tend to shutter up my soul,
Put walls around my heart.
When I'm unsure of others,
I keep myself apart.

Old childhood issues surface,
With emotions, I am haunted.
I'm an adult, I can think it though,
I shouldn't feel unwanted.

When I feel that I am disliked,
A self-fufilling prophesy
After all, how can I be myself?
If I feel like you detest me?

No one else decides my worth,
If you don't like me, screw it
If you look at me with contempt,
That's just how you view it.

But still there is a part of me,
That aches to be accepted.
To be a part of every group,
To be together and connected.

And now that I have vented,
I can pull out the knife
of hurt, and take a nice, deep breath,
And move on with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment