Saturday, March 24, 2012

Second Cup Green Tea Latte.

Green tea latte
In my cup so creamy,
Like custard in a mug
You taste so dreamy.

I wish I could drink you
Every single AM
But I can't, there's problems,
Here, I will say them:

First of all, latte,
You cost dollars four,
If I drank you every day,
I would be much more poor.

All of your calories,
They would make me fatter,
"Oh well," I hear you say
"That just wouldn't matter!"

You devious drink,
It matters to me.
And so I will tell you,
How it is going to be.

An occasional treat,
Is my conviction.
Once every few weeks,
I'll indulge my addiction.

2 comments:

  1. I have a blog so I know it sucks to have lots of views but no comments so I shall comment--I love your poem!! :) Second cup matcha lattes are amazing, not sure why there aren't more love poems dedicated to them out there....:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh so much on a dreary Wednesday morning.

    I share the same love for the matcha latte after the barista recommended it to me.

    ReplyDelete